Sidekicks-chicago.com conducted a study to analyze the proportion of good to negative Tweets received by female professional athletes on International Women’s Day. Becky Lynch and Ronda Rousey, both of whom are affiliated with WWE, were at the top of the list, which came as no surprise to anyone. Becky Lynch and Ronda Rousey’s accomplishments are not particularly impressive. They conducted research based on tweets to evaluate the extent of online abuse suffered by professional female athletes in honor of International Women’s Day. They went through the tweets and compared the overall number of favorable and negative tweets received.
According to the study’s findings, Rousey receives the most trolling on Twitter of any professional female athlete, with 83.1 percent of tweets aimed at her being negative. There were 5,035 tweets about Rousey, 4,184 of which were negative.
The following are the items on the list:
- There were 4,184 unfavorable tweets about Ronda Rousey out of a total of 5,035, accounting for 83.1 percent of the total.
- Becky Lynch received 76.19 percent of the unfavorable tweets, or 6,632 out of a total of 8,705 messages.
- Serena Williams received 1,929 negative tweets out of a total of 2,555, accounting for 75.5 percent of the total.
- Paige Spiranac received 74.35 percent of unfavorable tweets, or 2,273 out of a total of 3,057.
- Megan Rapinoe received 74.16 percent of the unfavorable tweets, or 3,300 out of a total of 4,450.
- Sha’Carri Richardson received 73.79 percent of the unfavorable tweets, or 8,183 out of a total of 11,090.
- Naomi Osaka received 73.77 percent of the unfavorable comments, or 6,388 out of a total of 8,659 responses.
- There were 4,126 tweets on Claressa Shields, with 68.49 percent of them being negative.
- Negative tweets on Simone Biles accounted for 65.11 percent of all tweets, or 9,165 out of 14,077.
- Negative tweets accounted for 63.75 percent of the total, or 2,274 of the 3,567 total tweets sent by Emma Raducanu.
- Becky Lynch and Ronda Rousey are both scheduled to compete for their respective Women’s Championships at WrestleMania 38.
Ronda Rousey makes her triumphant comeback to combat during the women’s Royal Rumble event. She was able to push her will on the competition and win. Following that decision, the MMA fighter traveled to WrestleMania to challenge Smackdown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair for the championship during the show’s main event. Bianca Belair of Eastern Standard Time won the match inside the Elimination Chamber, earning her a shot at Becky Lynch’s title at WrestleMania.
Becky and Ronda had previously battled against each other for the Women’s Championship in a triple threat match at Wrestlemania 35. Becky was triumphant, but the women still have grudges against one another, as proven by a confrontation between them a few weeks earlier on Raw. When Wrestlemania returns on April 2 and 3, we’ll find out what the future holds for the women who have been trolled the most during the annual wrestling event.